Super quick, really easy and extra tasty. Everything you want in a dish for busy days, late nights or lazy evenings. It’s so quick and easy, even those who ‘can’t cook’ can make this.
I’ll cook this for Ste and I whilst he’s reading the children a bedtime story, on days when I’m tired after a busy day and I’ve fed the children something easy from the freezer earlier in the evening and have ran out of energy.
Fresh Tomato & Garlic Spaghetti
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 plum or vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp complete seasoning
- 2 sprigs thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- Put the spaghetti into a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for the time indicated on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add the garlic and cook for a 2 or 3 minutes, then add in the chopped tomatoes and herbs. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Add two tablespoons of the pasta water, stir and remove from the heat.
- Drain your spaghetti, add to the frying pan and toss to coat with the oil, tomatoes and garlic.
Serve sprinkled with a little extra fresh thyme