This is one of my absolute favourite go to recipes for a delicious supper that requires very little preparation. It’s full of flavour and goes perfectly as a side dish to compliment a simple cheeseboard and a couple of hunks of homemade or good quality bread.
You could also use it as a side to some lentil fritters, to top a naked bean burger or as a jacket potato topping.
If you can’t find mixed coloured tomatoes, simply use cherry tomatoes or a mixture of different small tomato varieties.
Baked Tomatoes with Sage
- 400g mixed colour cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- bunch of sage, around 25 leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Heat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Place all of the ingredients into an oven proof dish and mix well.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and slightly caramelised.
Serve with homemade bread and dip and scoop.