Garlic & Shallot Potato Salad
- 500g new potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 maggi onion & garlic stock cube
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp course ground dijon mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Boil the potatoes with the garlic and stock cube until soft, drain and put aside to cool slightly in a large bowl..
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a small bowl or jug.
- Finely chop the softened garlic and add to the cooled potatoes. Stir in the shallots, thyme and vinaigrette.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve with a fresh salad or as a delicious side at a bbq.