- 2 ripe haas avocados
- 1 small plum tomato, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- In a pestle and mortar, add half of the onion, half of the chilli, salt and garlic and grind until a gloopy paste.
- Half the avocados, remove the stones and scoop the flesh out. Mash with a fork until almost smooth or leaves some chunks if you prefer. Add the tomato, onion, chilli, coriander, pepper and the pestle and mortar mixture.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and combine well. The guacamole is ready to eat immediately. The fresher the better, although it will keep in the fridge for 24 hours at the most.
Serve with your favourite mexican dish, use as a dip or eat with a spoon!