Roast Garlic & Pepper Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups couscous (225g)
- 3 cups boiling water (750ml)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 bell peppers, halved
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 courgette, cubed (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200/400 degrees and line a baking tray with foil. Place the peppers on the tray cut side down with the garlic bulb and chopped courgette (if using), drizzle with the olive oil, season and cook for 35 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven to cool, while preparing the couscous.
- Add the boiling water and stock cube to the couscous in a large bowl or jug and stir to combine. I find adding double the amount of water to couscous is fail safe method to ensure your couscous is always fluffy and never watery.
- While the couscous is hydrating, remove the stalks and seeds from the peppers, roughly chop and squeeze the garlic from the bulb. The couscous should have absorbed all of the water by now. Fluff with a fork and add the roasted vegetables along with any oil left over on the baking tray (there won’t be much). This will have soaked up the flavour of the vegetables and is a delicious addition to the couscous.
- Stir well, season to taste and serve.