Roasted Garlic, Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved
- 8 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 large red pepper, halved
- Olive oil, for roasting
- Tabasco sauce
- Dried Italian herbs
- 1 litre veg stock
- 225ml light cream
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and line a baking tray with foil. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Pop in the oven for 15 mins.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Cook for another 30 mins.
- Put all the vegetables from the tray into a large pan (I drained off the olive oil and used it for a salad dressing), squeezing out the roast garlic. Add a few drops of tabasco ( I went with 7), the Italian herbs and veg stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and stir in the cream. It will serve 4 – 6 people and keep well for around 5 days refrigerated in an air tight container.
Serve with crusty bread or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Original recipe from Bosh! – https://www.bosh.tv/recipes/4-winter-warming-soups